Crea World News and its affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Company”, “We”, “Us”) are committed to safeguarding any personal information you convey to us, including via our websites (including www.cwn.news) and any other website(s) managed, operated and/or administered by or on behalf of the Company (collectively, the “Site”). In line with this commitment, the following is a description of the Company’s security measures, its policies regarding the nature of personal information gathered, its reasons for gathering such information, and the use made of such information. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
1. Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information from you when you use our Site; for example, when you create an account, visit or browse the Site, use certain Site features, or post comments on the Site. We may also collect your personal information from third parties to whom you have provided it, such as social networking websites or applications.
Personal information is information that is personally identifiable to you. Personal information may include your full name, e-mail address, Internet protocol (IP) address, as well as demographic information, readership behaviour, preferences, and settings. Personal information does not include aggregate information, such as information that is anonymous or used in a collective manner, where no single person can be identified.
We may use your personal information to:
- Send you requested information
- Send new updates
- Communicate with you about our services
- Help us target specific services to you
- Help us develop and improve our Site and tailor it to your interests
- Improve our Site and other marketing efforts
- Personalize your experience on our Site
- Respond to customer service requests
- Improve our customer service
- Process your comments and submissions
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Conduct surveys and analyses for research, statistical and development purposes
- Provide recommendations for further reading based on articles and topics previously consulted by you
- Create aggregate information
- Protect you and us from error and fraud
- Comply with legal and governmental requirements
- Achieve any other purposes as may be permitted by law from time to time
Your failure to provide certain personal information to the Company may justify the Company’s refusal to make available to you certain features of the Site.
2. Information Sharing
- Service Providers. We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as operating our Site, offering customer service, better understanding our Site visitors and otherwise providing services to Site visitors. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In addition, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to persons or entities outside Canada in the event of a crisis or emergency relating to Canada, the Internet, telecommunications, the Company or the servers where your personal information is usually stored in the United States.
- Legal Disclaimer. We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. In any event, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to any third party that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s business or its online commerce operations or the Site.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3. User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update, delete or amend it by emailing our customer support at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal information as needed to provide you with our services. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or that retention of information is required due to legal claims.
4. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by the Company as well as analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and otherwise on the Internet, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Analytics / Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
- LSOs. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML 5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties who provide certain features on our Site or display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML 5 LSOs.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. It may be possible for third parties to overhear, see, intercept or access private communications or transmissions unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is done at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children’s use of the Internet, including our Site.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use this Site or provide us with any personal information without the consent and supervision of their authorized guardian.
7. Additional Information
- Links to 3rd Party Sites. The Site features various links to other websites. By clicking on one of these links, you leave the Site. The Company does not have any control over the operations of these other websites or their content, and the presence of links on the Site in no way implies any responsibility on the part of the Company. Any personal information you transmit through these third party websites is subject to the policies of these particular websites with regards to the treatment of personal information. As such, we suggest that you pay close attention to these websites’ policies regarding personal information.
- Single Sign-On. When you leave a comment on our Site, you may opt to use the “Facebook Connect” or “Google Connect” feature. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate the review form. Services like Facebook Connect and Google Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
8. Governing Law; Dispute resolution
10. Contact Us